VARIOUS CARER ROLES – permanent, night maternity cover, bank workers
Our client is looking for support staff to assist with their 13-year old son who has complex needs arising from injuries as a consequence of an illness when he was a few months old.The role will be working with the family; mother, father and older brother in North London, N14.
Our client’s needs include cerebral palsy which affects his whole body and developmental delay. He has associated severe learning difficulties, no verbal communication and poor fine motor skills and requires constant supervision and care with all aspects of his daily living, including drinking and feeding, as well as personal care. He has epilepsy and can present with numerous seizures during a shift.
You will have experience looking after children with such complex needs and also working with physiotherapists, speech and language therapists and other therapy teams. You will be able to keep records and implement programmes to promote our client’s learning, care and independence in the home and community.
We are looking for happy, lively people with outgoing personalities. Our client enjoys tactile play and spending time with his parents and brother doing activities which enable him to access the community. Candidates may be requested to accompany the family on holidays so this should be a consideration when applying for this role.
Pay rates per hour
Day hours: £12 weekdays / £13 weekends
Night Waking hours: £13 weekdays / £14 weekends
Carer – Permanent School Holidays:
40 hr per week, 13 weeks a year
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4.30 pm
Week 1: 4.00 pm – 9.00 pm Mon and Thu plus 8.30 am – 4.00 pm Saturday
Week 2: 4.00 pm – 9.00 pm Mon and Thu plus 8:30 am – 9.00 pm Saturday.
Waking Night Carer (maternity cover):
3 x 12-hour night shifts per fortnight (average of 18 hours per week)
Join our Bank Workers list:
To cover roles and hours as above.
You should have a full UK driving licence, be willing to support our clients on annual holidays and whole day activities and we are looking for a confident swimmer.
You will help with domestic tasks relating to the client such as helping with dressing, cleaning his equipment, cleaning up following kitchen tasks and washing. These essential tasks need to be undertaken in order to allow his parents to spend more one-on-one time with our client.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Full Driving licence to drive in the UK
- Confident in water
- Flexible approach to working hours (able to accommodate the client’s wishes for start and finish times and accompany on family holidays)
- Confident working in client’s home and sensitive to their needs and wishes
- Experience working with children with special needs
- Experience working with a team of therapists and being a team player
- Confident supporting the client in accessing the wider community
- Happy to learn new things in accordance with the client’s programme
- Aptitude and desire to work with young people with complex needs
- *Physically fit – even with specialist equipment in place and appropriate training, it is important that you are physically fit. A Handling Management Plan designed to reduce the risk of handling injuries may require you to bend, kneel, squat or lunge to ensure good posture during handling tasks.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of confidentiality and privacy
- Confident and prepared to listen and learn new things
- Patient, tolerant and with a responsible attitude
- Ability to work under own initiative show creativity
- Excellent planning skills and able to ‘risk assess’ activities
- Excellent communication, social, literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent spoken English to assist with speech and language therapy tasks
- Confident using IT
- Reliable, trustworthy with a good sense of humour
- Organised and an excellent time keeper.
This post operates a non-smoking environment at all times
Training and support will be provided (outside of normal contracted / working hours)
No agencies please
* The Employer claims exemption under the Equality Act 2010
For a full job description and an application pack click here to complete our contact form quoting reference JAEMB-MAR2017.
Satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS disclosure and proof of eligibility to work in the UK are essential. A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.
Based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Embrace HR supports independent case managers, and business owners who do not have their own HR department or those that do but need help from time to time. We also work across the Home Counties of Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, and also SMEs based in London.
Embrace HR is not an employment agency. We recruit directly for our clients.