ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A JOB TO WORK AS A REHAB ASSISTANT / CARER / BUDDY?
Please contact us now and quote GL-CW2017.
This is a full-time position with a fixed term contract for one year, for a Rehab Assistant/ Carer / Buddy in Gloucester who has a cheerful and positive outlook, is proactive, reliable, trustworthy and a good communicator.
School Term : 30 hours per week (split shift): Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 9:30am / 3:30pm to 7:30 pm
School Holidays: 40 hours per week: Monday to Friday – times to be mutually agreed and flexibility required for these hours and additional hours when required.
Additional hours when accompanying family on holiday, for supervision and training
£11.00 per hour – Sunday to Friday 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
£13:00 per hour – Monday to Friday 8:00 pm to 7:00 am (this rate applies to overnight on family holidays). Sleeping nights at NMW or National Living Wage will apply
About the job
Our client is an adolescent boy who has Cerebral Palsy and lives at home in Gloucester with his mum, dad and younger brother. He has a physical disability and is a wheelchair user. He is dependent for all aspects of his care. He has good day to day understanding and communicates by vocalisation, facial expression and via an Eye gaze communicator.
You will work within the family home, as well as supporting him with activities in the community and on family holidays to assist with client care, this could be outside of the UK and for up to two weeks.
A current, clean driver’s licence is a requirement as you will be expected to drive the client’s vehicle.
You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively as part of a team, to attend team meetings, supervisions and training as appropriate, and to ensure a safe and consistent approach to the client’s care.
You will assist our client in all aspects of daily living, (personal, domestic, social/leisure and vocational, this will involve the use of a range of specialized equipment for example, hoists, postural seating systems and communication aids etc,) with the object of assisting his parents to meet his care needs, carry out his therapy programmes and in enabling him to pursue a fulfilling lifestyle. You will also prepare meals and drinks for the client when required.
- You will also assist our client during Hydrotherapy sessions, so confidence in the water is a requirement of the role.
- It is of prime importance for the Rehab Assistant/Carer/Buddy to facilitate our clients independence at all times, respecting confidentiality and privacy of our client and his family at all times.
We are looking for the right person and will provide supervision, guidance and required training, you will be comfortable working in a home with two small family dogs.
About you and your experience
- Confident in water.
- Clean UK driving license
- Availability to attend family holidays, supervision and training when required.
- Happy to work in a home with pet dogs.
- Proactive, encouraging approach and aptitude to work with young people with complex needs.
- Reliable, trustworthy and a good communicator, sensitive to the needs and wishes of our client.
- Able to work flexibly, use initiative and learn new skills through training and instruction as agreed with the client/his parents/case manager.
- To have a positive outlook, cheerful disposition along with a sense of humour
- * Physically fit – even with specialist equipment in place and appropriate training, it is important that you are physically fit and able to use a hoist. A Handling Management Plan designed to reduce the risk of handling injuries may require you to bend, kneel, squat or lunge to ensure good posture during handling tasks.
- Responsible attitude with a respect for confidentiality and client/family privacy at all times.
- Some experience in providing care and carrying out therapy programmes is desirable
- An Enhanced DBS is a requirement of the post. A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed
This post operates a non-smoking environment at all times.
Are you the right person for the job? Is the job right for you?
We would love to hear from you so send us your CV and covering letter.
No agencies please.
*The Employer claims exemption under the Equality Act 2010