Title : Housekeeper / Nanny
Location : Maidenhead SL6
This is a role working directly with a family in their home to provide support to 2 boys. If it is of interest and you’d like to know more, contact us by following this link to our website and quote MJKPMar2020.
- Week days £10 per hour
- Weekends £11.50 per hour
- Bank Holidays £15 per hour
Various shifts are available for the Housekeeper / Nanny. Please let us know which interest you:
Term time (Monday to Friday) 7.15am to 9am and 3pm to 6.30pm; occasional support on weekends (hours to be agreed with the family)
There will be an expectation of some work in the school holidays and half term. Hours are flexible and to be agreed with the family.
About the job:
We are looking for a Housekeeper / Nanny to work with a lovely family who live in Maidenhead, SL6.
You will be responsible for general housekeeping duties and the care of two boys (age 13 and 10), the older one of whom has physical and learning disabilities. As the Housekeeper / Nanny you will therefore be expected to work alongside the team caring for him, as well as being mindful of his needs when not working directly with him. The remainder of your duties will be with the younger son and the family in their home.
Housekeeper / Nanny main duties and responsibilities:
- Playing age appropriate games and activities with the children, either together or individually
- Preparing meals for the family under the guidance of a dietician for the older son
- Getting the younger son ready for school in the morning
- Taking the younger son to and from school
- Helping with the younger son’s homework
- Carrying out housework such as tidying, cleaning and laundry including maintenance of special needs equipment
- Carry out household shopping including of specialist stocks of the older son’s consumables
- Supporting the rehabilitation needs of the older son together with his team
- If you are interested in working with a child with complex needs, this could be an opportunity for you to work alongside our client’s Support Workers and receive training and support
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a Housekeeper / Nanny
- Excellent organisational skills, punctual, pro-active and efficient
- Able to work flexibly and to use own initiative
- Able to maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to establish a good rapport with family and to help them as required with activities appropriate to the client’s age and functional abilities
- Confident about working in the client’s own home and sensitive to the needs and wishes of our client and his family
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy with a responsible attitude
- Fit to be able to move and handle, using appropriate techniques and equipment (training will be provided)
- Positive outlook, a sense of humour and a fun approach
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Respectful of working in a family home environment
- A full, clean UK driver’s licence is essential
- Experience in a similar role working with children is desirable but most important is your aptitude and willingness to work with the family to make a real difference to their lives.
Embrace HR Limited is not an agency we are the HR Department for our clients
Satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK are required. An enhanced DBS certificate is a requirement, criminal convictions may not necessarily prevent employment.
This post operates a non-smoking environment at all times
No agencies please