Job title: Support Worker – Special Needs
Location: Maidenhead, SL6
We are recruiting for our clients a directly employed, permanent rehabilitation support worker to join a small team, caring for an 11-year-old in his own family home.
Or contact us quoting reference EmbOM-May2020. We look forward to meeting you!
- Week days £13 per hour
- Week ends £15 per hour
- Bank holidays £19.50 per hour
We want to cover the following shifts but let us know what you can offer :
- Saturdays and Sundays
- School holidays and term time : 11.30 a.m.to 7.30 p.m. the working pattern to be agreed with the family and current support team
- Term time : 5 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
- Summer school holidays
- Monday to Friday : 7.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m. and 4.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
A minimum of 8 hours per week is required. Additional hours during school holidays may be required to provide support to our client, and cover for colleagues’ annual leave, sickness, etc. Flexibility is key for the Support Worker role. There is a 6-month probationary period.
About the job of Support Worker:
Work with a small home care team in Maidenhead and as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team. Primary responsibility is for the care and support of a friendly, sociable and sensitive 11-year-old boy with physical and learning disabilities.
O is a wheelchair user whose speech is affected although he can vocalise some words and short sentences and can communicate via Makaton. Listening to music and playing computer games as well as going to the cinema is what he enjoys. Being outdoors is a favourite as he uses his walking frame and rides his tricycle. He enjoys taking part in daily living activities such as shopping with his Support Workers.
His brother will be included in activities as planned with the family and the Multi-Disciplinary Team and arranging meals for both children is a requirement.
- Happy and able to work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to support both the client and his sibling on occasion
- Experience of working with children or young people with physical or learning disabilities is desirable, but more important is your attitude and desire to work with a young boy with complex needs
- Excellent communication skills, with a fluent level of spoken English
- Caring, trustworthy, reliable and with a positive outlook
- Follow guidance provided as well as use your own initiative
- Willing to undertake supportive therapy under the instruction of the Multi-Disciplinary Team, including rehabilitation and therapy
- Able to build a rapport with our client to enable him to develop skills of independence in the home and community, building his confidence and supporting the development of his physical abilities
- Respectful of working in a family home environment
- A full, clean UK driver’s licence is essential in order to drive the client’s adapted vehicle.
Satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK are required. An enhanced DBS certificate is a requirement and criminal convictions may not necessarily prevent employment.
This post operates a non-smoking environment at all times
Embrace HR Limited is not an agency, we are the HR Department for our clients
No agencies please
Benefits: Flexible working hours
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: from £13.00 /hour
Please quote Reference ID: EmbOMMay2020
Application Deadline: 28/06/2020