Support Worker for Nights in West Chiltington, West Sussex
Part-time, permanent, 22 hours per week.
Are you used to disturbed nights?
Do you live in the following catchment areas? Worthing, Brighton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Lewis, Horsham, Storrington. West Chiltington?
Find out more about this role.
Sunday and Monday nights from 9:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday night : £115.50 per shift
- Monday night: £108.50 per shift
About the client
A young boy with cerebral palsy affecting all 4 of his limbs. Mum describes him as “very good natured, sweet, affectionate, non-verbal but does vocalise and uses facial expressions. He is a very happy child.” He is fed and has all medication via a gastronstomy. He loves music, TV, swimming, riding his trike, attempts adventurous activities when on holiday. He enjoys school, being with his friends and is sociable.
About the role
Your role is to help prepare him for sleep and to settle him when he disturbs during the night. You will also assist in his morning routine and get him ready for school during the term. He has physical needs and requires hoisting for all transfers. No night is the same and this role is not a sleeping night but seen as a “resting night” as you are expected to attend to his needs when necessary during the night. Some nights he is quite settled and others he is not. You will work in a lovely home where the night support worker has their own room, bathroom and use of a duty room. The parents are supportive and the staff enjoy the work and working with the client.
A DBS for childworkforce is a must and if you are not on the DBS Update Service we will arrange for you to apply again.
You will have some experience of disturbed nights which could be with your own family. The family are willing to train the person with the right attitude, even if they do not have all the experience. Essentials are:
- Confident in your own abilities to work with our client
- Resilient to stay awake or have disturbed sleep
- Sensitive to his needs, for instance not talking over him
- Able to relate positively and enthusiastically to young people
- Responsible to work on your own over a night shift, ensuring the safety, dignity, needs and wishes of the client and follow the care plan. The parents are on hand if needs be.
- Computer literate to support our client and to communicate with the family and case manager.
- Some experience with people with special needs in their home or working life
- First Aid certificate
- Previous training in medication provision, lifting and handling, safeguarding
Part-time hours: 22 per week
Salary: £224.00 per week
- Initial interviews will take place by telephone or video
- Where face to face interview is required, you will follow the instructions at the home, including the use of masks, sanitisers, etc. as the family take account of the government guidelines.
To find out more and to apply for this position visit: https://uk.indeed.com/job/night-support-worker-f20b794516f7fb61
Closing date for applications: 19 September 2021