Female* Support Worker – Permanent, part-time (between 20-30 hours per week)
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16
Pay: £13-£15 per hour – Day Shifts
£14-£16 per hours – Waking Night Shifts
Shifts available: Flexibility to work shifts with a mix of afternoons, nights & seasonal cover is required. There are a variety of shifts available, any shift pattern will be considered.
- 3 afternoons after school 15:30 to 20:30 (to 20:00 if a Friday) and Saturdays 08:00 to 18:00 twice a month during term time.
- 3 nights a week including Friday & Saturday nights 20:00 – 08:00 plus an extra night 20:30 – 08:30
- Seasonal cover i.e., school holidays. Hours to be mutually agreed.
Are you a Female* Support Worker?
- Confident about working in client’s own home and sensitive to the needs and wishes of the parents.
- Happy to learn new things, (training will be given)
- Patient and tolerant
- Proactive with an encouraging approach
- Responsible and able to work under own initiative.
- Cheerful, caring with a positive attitude
- Reliable, trustworthy and a good communicator
- Confident with moving and handling
- Hold a UK drivers’ license
- Flexible – to cover other care staff shifts to ensure the smooth running of the care team.
Experience in caring for children/young people with cerebral palsy is an advantage; administration of medication, follow through on therapy, keep accurate records. Enthusiasm, patience, common sense and a willingness to learn are key aspects of the role. The ability to work alone
We are currently looking for a number of daytime Female* Support Workers who can be flexible in the availability of shifts worked. If you can work nights too, we’ll be happy to talk to you. Our client is a young girl in her teens who has complex physical and learning disabilities. She lives with her mother, father and 2 younger siblings. She is non-verbal with sensory impairments, hearing impairment and uses cochlear implants. She has complex physical needs and is a wheelchair user.
Full support is needed to undertake all activities of daily living. She is fed via a gastrostomy and uses a combination of facial expressions. symbols and some eye pointing to communicate. She requires a high level of care both during the day and night. If you are available for night shifts where our client frequently awakes and requires attention, we’d love to talk with you.
Our client enjoys the company of happy, lively people with outgoing personalities. She enjoys playing with her siblings, has a fantastic sense of humour and loves joining in all activities integral to family life. Ongoing training and support will be given.
* The employer claims exemption under the Equality Act 2010
Satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will also be required.
This position requires a disclosure request from the DBS (Child Workforce). A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.
Closing date for applications: 30 November 2022