Specialised HR support and advice for those who employ care staff…
Having staff who work in your home can make for a delicate situation and one that requires some specialised knowledge. That’s why here at Embrace HR Limited, we have a special package to support independent case managers and their clients who employ care staff directly.
The unusual dynamics of having someone working in your home should not be underestimated – which is why we offer empathetic and expert advice for those who are managing staff who work in people’s homes.
It mustn’t be forgotten that the usual workplace issues of managing time-off, family-friendly leave, absence, performance and so on, need to be tackled just as they would be if you were employing someone to work in an office.
Our expertise in human resources can ensure that the usual employment requirements are not forgotten about just because these people are working in someone’s home.
“I am writing to acknowledge the services of Embrace HR and express my gratitude.
I would not hesitate to recommend your company to others following the service you have supplied in support of my business and my clients.
Working within the care sector brings an HR provider additional challenges. This does not just involve complex knowledge of the recruitment and employment issues for the staff engaged but also the complications of dealing with exceptionally vulnerable people and difficult family dynamics surrounding the employees.
Embrace HR has delivered an exceptionally personal and flexible service in this respect. Cecily and the Embrace HR team has been empathic and responsive to the unique customer needs. This has involved supporting highly bespoke organisation for a 24-hour care team in liaison with legal and professional partners, family members and care workers.
Each contact has required a specific approach and relevant support and information. I have found Embrace sensitive, receptive and highly professional to this at all times. The HR arrangement, support, communication and advice I have personally received has made my job a good deal easier, freeing me up to deal with my own professional priorities.
I have already recommended the service to others and look forward to working in partnership with Embrace HR into the future.
H.M. Independent Case Manager, Middlesex”
What we can do for you
- Recruitment – getting the right staff is vital. We successfully recruit the right special needs nannies and support staff for our clients.
- Advice – empathetic and expert advice on all employment-related issues. This might cover managing absence, maternity/paternity leave and pay, performance management, grievances and disciplinary hearings.
- Guidance – helping case managers, team leaders, staff and parents learn how to manage staff well.
- Employment documentation – not only will we provide all the relevant documents such as handbooks and contracts, but we will navigate through this minefield for you, explaining their importance.
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) applications – leave all of that to us.
- Liaison – we will ensure that the case manager, parents or family are all kept in the loop.
We understand that no two cases are the same, that no two families are the same, that no two support workers are the same and, as such, we strive to provide a high level of service. Our 20 years of experience in the human resources arena means that you can rely on our highly professional consultants to offer a knowledgeable service.
If you would like to discuss this subject further and find out how we could help you, please contact Cecily Lalloo at Embrace HR Limited.
Tel: 07767 308717 or send an email.
Based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Embrace HR Limited supports business owners who do not have their own HR department or those that do but need help from time to time. We also work across the Home Counties of Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, and also SMEs based in London.