Support Worker – Permanent, part-time
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- £13-£15 per hour – Day Shifts
- £14-16 per hour – Waking Night Shifts
Shifts available: UPDATE – Waking Nights and 1 after school shift FILLED
- Friday and Saturday: Waking Nights 21:00 to 09:00
- After school: 2 shifts a week: 15:30 to 21:00 and 15:30 to 19:30 on Friday and school holiday shifts
- Saturdays: Day shifts depending on family activities
Are you a *Female Support Worker?
- Confident about working in client’s own home and sensitive to the needs and wishes of the parents
- Happy to learn new things, such as personal care routine (training will be given)
- Patient and tolerant
- Proactive with an encouraging approach
- Responsible and able to work under own initiative
- Cheerful, caring with a positive attitude
- Reliable, trustworthy and a good communicator
- Capable of moving and handling
- Hold a UK drivers licence
- Flexible – to cover other care staff shifts to ensure the smooth running of the care team
Experience in caring for children/young people with disabilities is an advantage; administration of medication, follow through on therapy, keep accurate records. Enthusiasm, patience, and willingness to learn are key aspects of the role.
We are currently looking for a Support Workers who can be flexible in the availability of shifts worked. Our client is a young girl in her teens who has complex physical and learning disabilities. She lives with her mother, father and 2 younger siblings. She is non-verbal with sensory impairments and complex physical needs so full support is needed to undertake all activities of daily living. She is fed via a gastrostomy and uses a combination of facial expressions, symbols and some eye pointing to communicate and is exploring eye gaze. She requires a high level of care both during the day and especially at night as our client frequently wakes and has an unpredictable sleep pattern. She uses CPAP to support her respiration at night and needs attention with regards to her gastrostomy and fluid intake. Our client enjoys the company of happy, lively people with outgoing personalities. She enjoys playing with her siblings, has a fantastic sense of humour and loves joining in all activities integral to family life. She enjoys being out in the community and therefore a full clean UK driving licence is essential.
To find out more and to apply for this position visit: http://uk.indeed.com/job/support-worker-b34f328a7b63ec9d
* The employer claims exemption under the Equality Act 2010
Satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will also be required.
This position requires a disclosure request from the DBS. A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.
Closing date for applications: 15 June 2021