Support Worker, Northwood, Greater London
A responsible carer is required for a family in Northwood, Greater London to work with their 13-year-old daughter who has special physical needs. It is essential to have a driving licence as you will drive her to and from school on a daily basis in her adapted vehicle. You will work as part of her team.
About the job
- Take our client to school and collect after school
- Ensure her safety in her wheelchair on the journey
- Provide a safe and happy environment
- Provide a snack for her prior to the journey
- Provide care and support as required in the home with her family, undertaking tasks as discussed with the Parents, which may include personal care.
- Female required – this is an exemption of the Equal Opportunities Act
- Must have at least 5 years’s driving experience for car insurance purposes
- Full UK Drivers licence
- First aid training
- Good level of spoken English
- Awareness of safeguarding and the rights of young people
- Punctual, committed and dependable
- A calm temperament, trustworthy, reliable with a good sense of humour, and a passion for working with children
- Satisfactory references, right to work in the UK, and an Enhanced DBS certificate for child workforce are requirements this Carer / Support Worker role.
If you think this is a job for you but can’t commit to the morning shifts, Consideration will be given to working only the later shift.
Hours: Term Time
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- 06:45 to 10:00 and 13:45 to 20:00
School holidays and half terms: Shifts by agreement
Salary: Up to £12.00 per hour.
Part-time hours: 39 per week
- Initial interview will be by telephone. Subsequent interviews may take place by video and face to face.
- The client’s parents are mindful of the current situation and take every precaution to ensure as COVID-safe an environment as possible.
To find out more and to apply for this position visit: https://uk.indeed.com/job/support-worker-96a6549e10a98144
Closing date for applications: 19 September 2021