Support Worker required in the Croydon, CR3 area
Permanent, part-time – £15-16 per hour
We are looking for a number of Support Workers who can be flexible in the availability of shifts worked.
Our client is a 16-year-old boy who has Bilateral Cerebral Palsy and Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE). He lives at home with his mother, twin brother and younger sister and requires 2:1 support with his personal care needs, food preparation and feeding, social integration with his peers, community care and rehabilitation, and participating in tasks of daily living as much as he possibly can.
Full support is needed to undertake all activities of daily living. He requires a high level of care both during the day and night.
Our client enjoys the company of happy, lively people with outgoing personalities. He enjoys spending time with his siblings, has a fantastic sense of humour and loves joining in all activity’s integral to family life. Ongoing training and support will be given.
Are you the right person for us?
- Confident about working in client’s own home and sensitive to the needs and wishes of the parents.
- Happy to learn new things, (training will be given)
- Patient and tolerant
- Proactive with an encouraging approach
- Responsible and able to work under own initiative.
- Cheerful, caring with a positive attitude
- Reliable, trustworthy and a good communicator
- Confident with moving and handling
- Hold a clean UK drivers’ license
- Flexible – to cover other care staff shifts to ensure the smooth running of the care team
Experience in caring for children/young people with cerebral palsy is an advantage; administration of medication, follow through on therapy, keep accurate records. Enthusiasm, patience, common sense and a willingness to learn are key aspects of the role as well as the ability to work alone.
Flexibility to work shifts with a mix of afternoons, nights & seasonal cover is required. There are a variety of shifts available, hours to be mutually agreed (between 20-30 hours per week). If you are available for any of the shifts mentioned below, we’d love to talk with you.
Monday-Friday 4pm – 8pm (10pm)
Weekends 8am – 8pm
Overnight – ad-hoc
Nice to have – shift cover for two hours each morning to help get ready for school
Monday-Sunday 8am – 8pm
Overnight – ad-hoc
£15 – £16 per hour – Weekdays
£18 – £19 per hour – Weekends & nights
If you are interested in this role, please click here to apply, quoting Job Ref AMO
This role would suit an Occupational Therapist trainee
We actively encourage male applicants to apply for this role*
*Please note the employer claims exemption under the Equality Act 2010
- Initial telephone screening interviews
- Vaccinations are preferable
- Government guidelines relating to COVID-19 apply
Satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will also be required.
This position requires a disclosure request from the DBS. A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.