A super boy needs a super Support Worker
We have a rewarding opportunity for a committed Support Worker to join a small care team providing support on alternate weekends and also covering holidays and sickness absence (weekdays) after school and into the early evenings during term time.
Weekend hours are Saturday from 8am – 1pm (or potentially the whole day) and Sundays flexible hours dependant on family commitments, to be worked on alternate weekends.
Our client is a friendly, bright, motivated and sociable 12-year-old boy who enjoys playing games, sports and attending clubs and activities in the local area. He attends secondary school, at times needs help with homework, including scribing and organisation skills. A multi-disciplinary team is involved, and part of the role will be assisting with therapy, such as going to the gym and social activities.
He has a keen sense of humour and enjoys the company of his friends and family. He has cerebral palsy with good functional abilities and is independent with most activities of daily living, and he communicates well.
You will need to be able to provide a high quality of support, you should:
- be physically fit to support our client’s mobility and to enable him to participate in his various activities such as football, swimming etc.
- be a clear communicator, with well-defined instructions
- enjoy supporting others and be considerate, good-natured with a genuine interest in his holistic development
- have a willingness to be involved in all aspects of his life, including play and communication
- happy with all elements of personal care bottom wiping. Assisting with washing hair etc and encouraging him with personal care, helping with teeth brushing. Cleaning up accidents etc.
- be able to give him space when he wants to hang out with friends and respect his privacy.
- be able to play sports with him, carry school bags and transfer a wheelchair from his vehicle.
- most importantly, you will support the whole family to enhance their quality of life
- have a driving licence and vehicle with business car insurance required. The family have a van, which you may be required to drive on occasion.
- have experience of working with the relevant age group
- be happy to carry out basic housework, cleaning, laundry, washing up, assisting with basic cooking and content to help him cook too.
- have a willingness to learn
May suit a trainee nurse or OT/Physio or personal trainer.
Minimum of 8am to 12pm on Saturdays with flexibility to stay longer if required depending on the family’s schedule.
Sundays with flexibility depending on the family’s schedule.
£15.00 – £17.00 per hour dependent on the shift worked and your experience.
If you are interested in this role, please click here to apply.
- On-site parking
- Weekends Saturday & Sunday
- Potential for weekday shifts
- Care Workers: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers Licence, and a car (required)
- DBS, Child Workforce (required)
- Initial telephone screening interviews
- Vaccinations are preferable
- Government guidelines relating to COVID-19 apply
Satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK will also be required. This position requires a disclosure request from the DBS. A conviction will not necessarily prevent you from being employed.