MAIN SCOPE OF THE JOB:
We are looking for a dedicated support worker with a genuine caring profile and good sense of humour with the ability to learn and implement prescribed therapy to support our adult client who has an acquired brain injury. You will be required to work alongside our client in East Sussex in a facilitative role, enabling his integration into the community, supporting his day-to-day needs and sourcing suitable local facilities for social integration and therapy rehabilitation.
Working days: Monday to Sunday – shifts based on 3 days and 1 sleep in night (option for split shifts is negotiable).
Working hours: combination of day shifts and sleep in shifts totalling a maximum 48 hours per week
£17 per hour Monday to Friday day shifts
£19 per hour Saturday and Sunday day shifts
Sleep in shift calculated as £80 plus 4 hours at the day rate (weekday/weekend)
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To follow the care plans and risk assessments and be involved in the development of the overall support plan.
- To work on a physiotherapy programme under the supervision and guidance of the neuro physiotherapist to implement taught strategies to increase functioning and manage memory, cognitive problems and behaviours.
- To work on occupational therapist’s programme to increase both physical and psychological functional ability.
- To work on Speech/communication under the supervision of a speech therapist to encourage confidence in all communications.
- Generally, to work on an active programme of support to include a range of activities, supporting recommendations made by the treating therapists.
- To support our client to access a range of meaningful activities both within the home and in the community.
- To support our client and maintain role within the family.
- Escort to therapy sessions and for outings using the family’s automatic vehicle.
- To accompany our client and his family on holidays (by arrangement).
- To maintain communication with the therapists, case manager, the client’s family and other support team members.
- Participate in meetings called by the therapists, case manager or the client’s family.
- Respect the need for confidentiality on occasions when the client or his family speak/communicate on matters of a private and personal nature.
- Enable the client to make choices and decision wherever possible.
- As a professional member of the staff team, support colleagues where necessary.
- To help keep the client’s room clean and tidy; complete laundry.
- Support personal care needs, including oral hygiene, and ensure he is always well presented and cleanly dressed;
- Provide support when eating and drinking
- Prepare meals and drinks as required
- Ensure that all duties are carried out to a high standard and that the welfare of the client is paramount at all times
- To undertake any other related duties as required from time to time
- Enhanced DBS Certificate – adult workforce and child (applied for by employer if required)
- Experience working with clients with acquired brain injuries.
- 3 years’ driving experience and must be 26 years of age or above for car insurance purposes
- Able to drive automatic vehicle although training will be provided to the right applicant
- Full clean UK drivers’ licence
- The driver’s license must not have drink/driving endorsements
- Good level of spoken English
- Punctual, committed and dependable
- A calm temperament, trustworthy, reliable with a good sense of humour
- Ability to apply common sense
- A strong personality to compliment the client’s needs
- Willing to attend gym and swimming sessions
- Satisfactory references
- Right to work in the UK
- Health and Social Care First Aid Certificate
- Flexibility to work occasional additional hours
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £17.00-£19.00 per hour
- Every weekend
- Monday to Friday
- 12 hour shifts
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Must be able to reliably commute to TN20
- Acquired Brain Injury: minimum 3 years (required)
- Driving: minimum 3 years (required)
Application deadline: 12/06/2023
Reference ID: SWJLS-052023