Team Leader – Support Worker – East Sussex – TN20
48 hour weekly contract, with the option to work additional shifts
£19.00 – £23.00 per hour
Embrace HR are working on behalf of their client to find a Team Leader.
Our client is a lovely gentleman with an acquired brain injury, who lives with his wife and eleven-year-old daughter. The family are very close and enjoys spending time together.
Our client enjoys woodwork, arts and crafts, social outings, and watching movies at the cinema. He has a great sense of humour, and enjoys interacting with his support team.
To thrive in this role, you will have a good sense of humour, an excellent work ethic, and the ability to maximise someone’s potential and enhance their quality of life within their home environment.
You will possess good organisational and communication skills, empathy, flexibility and enthusiasm, with the ability to use your initiative and creativity. You will be confident, reliable and caring. Undertaking domestic tasks, such as cleaning and tidying at the end of the shift, is vital.
Your duties will include co-ordinating the team by organising the rota, supervising staff, monitoring the quality of care provided and liaising with the multidisciplinary team. You will provide care for our client within the family home and during trips out into the community. You will work towards a client-centred approach to improve and promote our client’s quality of life by following the agreed therapy and care plans.
Additional paid for administration work is required outside of your shifts, which is coordinated by the case manager (uup to 10 hours per month paid for at the weekday hourly rate).
You will work a 24 hour shift on Sunday (day shift is 8am-8pm and sleep in 8pm to 8am), Tuesday day shift and Thursday day shift. All shifts are 12 hours; 8am-8pm and 8pm-8am.
Are you the right person for us?
- You must hold a full, clean driving licence and be an experienced driver
- You must have the skills and experience gained from working with people with disabilities
- It would be best if you had a calm, warm and friendly disposition with a good sense of humour
- Although regular shifts will be agreed, the employer holds the right to change shifts at any time to suit our client’s needs; therefore flexibility is vital
- Good computer skills
Your role will include, but not be limited to
- Managing the support team, organising rotas, supervision and monitoring performance,
ensuring that the highest quality of care is provided
Identifying areas for training [this is a new bullet point]
- Liaising with the family and multidisciplinary team and facilitating good communication across the teams
- Providing support and care for our client in partnership with his family. Specific tasks include: providing assistance with all levels of personal care, skin care and mouth care, administering medications, cooking diabetic friendly meals, and driving the client to community outings and appointments
- Supporting our client with his communication needs and methods that he uses
- Ensuring all staff undertake tasks and activities in line with the care plan and the appropriate
process and procedure
- Supporting our client in maximising his independence in all activities of daily living
- Monitoring the client’s health and report any changes in condition to the case
- The daily care records to be completed online in a timely manner
- You will need to have the flexibility to accompany our client and his family on holiday