Team Leader – Support Workers – West Chiltington, West Sussex
Part-time available: a) On-call night shifts (including weekend)
and b) shifts during school holidays
(Exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9) We have an exciting opportunity to recruit a permanent Team Leader to join our small established team. The ideal candidates will have a good sense of humour, an excellent work ethic, and the ability to maximise someone’s potential and enhance their quality of life within their home environment.
On-call Night Shifts (permanent contract)
Shifts: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday from 9:30 pm to 8:30 am.
Staff are required to get our client ready for bed, soothe him to sleep and to check on him during the night as required and get him ready for school in the morning.
School Holiday shifts (permanent contracts)
We are seeking a support worker to cover school holidays. The shifts available are from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm two or three days a week during school holidays. Also, to accompany our client and his family on holiday.
To work with a ten-year-old boy with quadraplegic Cerebral Palsy. He is a wheelchair user and is non-verbal with severe developmental delay. The care will involve manual handling, providing assistance with all levels of personal care, feeding via a gastrostomy and basic physiotherapy led exercises and positioning. He enjoys watching programmes on his iPad, music, arts and crafts and spending time in his therapy/sensory room. He loves hydrotherapy and has his own pool at home. He also likes walks in the countryside.
Client’s Hobbies & Interests
Our client loves active engagement and interaction; he enjoys being outside on his swing, slide and trike and going for walks in his all-terrain buggy. He loves his hydrotherapy sessions and has his own hydrotherapy pool. He enjoys stories, music, board games, arts and crafts, relaxing massages and watching his favourite TV programmes.
The Team Leader’s duties will include co-ordinating the team by organising the rota, supervising staff monitoring the quality of care provided and liaising with the multidisciplinary team. The Team Leader will provide some care for our client within the family home and during trips out into the community. Our client attends a special school during term time and support is at night, after school in term time when he is at home, during school holidays and at weekends. He is expected to have two support workers or the support of a parent with one support worker when in the community.
There is the expectation that you will work towards a client-centred approach to improve and promote our client’s quality of life by following the agreed care plans.
You will possess good communication skills, empathy, flexibility and enthusiasm, with the ability to use your initiative and creativity. You will be confident, reliable and caring. Undertaking domestic tasks, such as cleaning and tidying at the end of the shift, is vital.
You will need to have the flexibility to accompany our client and his family on holiday.
- To manage the support team, organising rotas, supervision and monitoring performance, ensuring that the highest quality of care is provided. Identifying areas for training.
- Liaising with the parents and multidisciplinary team and facilitating good communication across the teams.
- To provide support and care for our client in partnership with his family. Specific tasks include: feeding via gastrostomy, providing assistance with all levels of personal care including changing continence pads, skin care and mouth care.
- To support our client with his communication needs and methods that he uses.
- Ensuring all staff undertake tasks and activities in line with the care plan and the appropriate process and procedure.
- To support our client in maximising his independence in all activities of daily living.
- To monitor the client’s health and report and changes in condition to the parents and case manager.
- You must hold a full, clean driving licence and be an experienced driver
- You must have the skills and experience gained from working with people with disabilities
- It would be best if you had a calm, warm and friendly disposition with a good sense of humour
- Although regular shifts will be agreed, the employer holds the right to change shifts at any time to suit our client’s needs; therefore flexibility is vital
Location: The roles are based at the family’s home in West Chiltington, West Sussex.
Support Worker hours and rates of pay
Night rate – £120.50 Sunday, Monday & Tuesday
Day rate – £15.00ph in week and £17.00ph at weekends
Reference ID: ThoH TL
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £15.00-£17.00 per hour
To find out more and to apply for this position visit: https://uk.indeed.com/job/team-leader-support-worker-707302af90557761
Closing date for applications: 19 March 2022